venerdì 20 dicembre 2013

Homemade Cookie Jars


For Christmas this year we decided to give everyone a jar of homemade biscuits. I looked for some cute labels to print out and I found these from a website called studiosjoesjoe.com which I really like because they're festive but not in the obvious way. Then I just covered the jars with some brown paper to keep it simple. I did look for some nice fabric to use but I couldn't find any I liked and decided to stick to the paper but I'm actually really happy with the result.
 

These are the recipes I used:

600 gr plain flour
15 gr baking powder
250 gr soft butter
2 eggs
150 gr icing sugar

I sifted the flour, baking powder and icing sugar and added it to the butter and eggs and used my hands to mix it. When everything was mixed, I divided the dough into three parts. I left one plain and added some cinnamon to one and some orange zest to the other.

For the chocolate biscuits:
250 gr plain flour
75 gr cocoa powder
7 gr baking powder
120 gr soft butter
1 egg
75 gr icing sugar

I rolled out the dough out and used various cutters, kept them all very small so they would fit in the jar well. When cold I melted some dark chocolate and used it to decorate some of the biscuits by just making horizontal stripes with a piping bag and a small round tip, it's really simple but gives a really nice effect. 


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento