venerdì 6 dicembre 2013

DIY cake stands


In the quest to find the perfect cake stand, and one that wasn't the same as all the others in the shops, I decided to make my own! 
It's really quick and easy (and cheap!) and the results are pretty decent in my opinion.
So I bought some candle holders, glasses and plates from IKEA and a melamine cup and plate from the kid's section in Zara Home.
I got some glue from a DIY store, just make sure it works with ceramic and glass, and glued everything in place. I left them to stand for 24 hours before using them, just in case.

Nella ricerca dell'alzata per torta perfetta, ho deciso di farla da sola! Ho comprato piatti, bicchieri e porta candela da IKEA e della colla adatta all'uso con ceramica e vetro. Ho incollato tutto e aspettato 24 ore prima di usarle.




Overall I'm pretty happy with the result, the only downside is that it's difficult to find some really flat plates like the one on real cake stands but I still think it's a pretty good way to have something different. I have to say this black and white one is my favourite because the two colours work really well together and the white spot on the plate ties everything together perfectly in my opinion. I will definitely be trying this again in the future!

Il risultato mi piace. Questa in bianco e nero è decisamente la mia preferita perché i colori sono perfetti insieme. Ci proverò sicuramente di nuovo in futuro!


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento